THE CATTLE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 6 July 2020
Forward – 52 head of stock including 28 Sheep and 24 Pigs.
More heavy gilts are desperately needed in Hull Market, with demand far outweighing supply nearly every week at the moment, don’t be wasting gilts deadweight at sow price, sell live and thrive! Sow numbers and trade continue to be severely affected by the disruption still being caused by Covid in Germany, this looks likely to continue at all outlets for at least a few weeks yet.
Porkers to 111.0p/kg and £94.72, average 110.0p/kg.
Cutters to 101.0p/kg and £89.39, average 101.0p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 101.0p/kg and £105.04, average 95.8p/kg.
Heavy Gilt to 95.0p/kg and £152.00.
Cull Sows to 36.0p/kg and £107.78, average 34.1p/kg.
Less sheep again this week, more expected next week again for the Store Market. Trade is still holding up, with hoggs looking very strong for the time of year. Breeding sheep sale is in a Fortnight on 15th July.
Superlight to 170.8p/kg and £41.
Standards to 218.1p/kg and £80.50, average 210.6p/kg.
Mediums to 223.8p/kg and £94, average 219.7p/kg.
Mediums to 185.4p/kg and £78.50, average 183.1p/kg.
Heavies to 180.4p/kg and £83, average 180.4p/kg.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- Vendors must reverse onto the dock, pass market staff their paperwork from their vehicle and remain in their vehicle until their trailer has been emptied. They must then leave the market, no wash out facilities will be available.
- If vendors require their stock to be lotted in a certain way please mark your stock appropriately and include instructions with your paperwork. If reserves are required they must be passed to the auctioneer in writing alongside all paperwork, vendors will be contacted by phone if stock requires collecting.
- ALL buyers must follow social distancing rules and therefore must not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale. NO onlookers or vendors will be permitted to access the sale ring or penning areas.
- Buyers are required to sign a register as they enter the market, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only buyers will be allowed access to the sales office and only 1 person will be allowed in the office at any one time.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ firstname.lastname@example.org
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ email@example.com