THE CATTLE MARKET
FATSTOCK AND EXTRA STORE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 29 March 2021 – Fatstock & Store Market
Forward – 247 head of stock including 55 Cattle, 95 Sheep and 97 Pigs.
Sows continue to be a flying trade at Hull, sticking more or less level to last week’s trade and pushing on towards £200 for the best. Heavy gilts are still short of requirements, please speak to us if you have any to sell.
Porkers to 95.0p/kg and £64.16, average 93.6p/kg.
Cutters to 110.0p/kg and £102.03, average 110.0p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 103.0p/kg and £118.11, average 96.0p/kg.
Over-Weights to 100.0p/kg and £115.25, average 100.0p/kg.
Heavy Gilts to 99.0p/kg and £165.55, average 72.9p/kg.
Cull Sows to 56.0p/kg and £182.56, average 51.0p/kg.
Sheep trade has dropped nationally this week, which is reflected in the prices seen this week, but still a phenomenal trade for the time of year, with averages nearly 100p/kg above where they were in the last week of March last year, cull ewes and store hoggs still a good trade for what was forward as well.
Standard to 292.3p/kg and £114.
Mediums to 280.2p/kg and £127.50, average 265.6p/kg.
Heavies to 295.7p/kg and £138, average 286.8p/kg.
Cull Sheep to £110, average £71.15.
Long Keep Store Hoggs to £46, average £30.35.
Another very good show in the cattle market, a slightly smaller show of buyers due to the good weather but you wouldn’t have known it based on trade. All types placed to different buyers this week, with someone there for all different sizes and breeds. We are selling more bulls than we ever have before and buyers are starting to come for them. Please do not hold back bringing them, but if we know early we can ensure maximum buyers are present.
Hereford Steers to £1000, average £878.
Aberdeen Angus Steer to £990.
Limousin Steers to £980, average £934.
Charolais Steer to £970.
British Blue Steers to £900, average £833.
Simmental Steers to £860, average £720.
British Friesian Steer to £780.
Blonde D’Aquitaine Heifers to £940, average £928.
Simmental Heifers to £905, average £905.
Limousin Heifers to £905, average £866.
Piemontese Heifer to £905.
Hereford Heifers to £900, average £875.
Aberdeen Angus Heifer to £660.
Limousin Bulls to £840, average £795.
Lincoln Red Bull to £840.
Hereford Bull to £795.
Aberdeen Angus Bull to £750.
Holstein Bull Stirks to £400, average £346.
Beef Shorthorn Feeding Cow to £1110.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- A drop and go system will be in place, vendors will not be permitted to enter the market.
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers in the market.
- Social distancing rules must be followed and therefore you should not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale.
- Anyone entering the market is required to sign a register, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the market office at any one time, in addition to market staff, please queue outside and wait for the office to be empty.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Store Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
Followed by Store Sheep
11.30am Calves & Stirks
12noon Prime, Store & Cull Cattle
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ firstname.lastname@example.org
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ email@example.com