THE CATTLE MARKET
FATSTOCK AND FORTNIGHTLY STORE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 29 June 2020
Forward – 226 head of stock including 12 Cattle, 157 Sheep and 57 Pigs.
Commercial pigs and heavy gilts continue to be in demand, with more needed, especially the heavy gilts, don’t be sending them deadweight at sow price! Sows dropping slightly on the week, with the market still being affected by Covid related supply chain problems in Germany. Anyone interested in bringing heavy gilts to market please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Porkers to 113.0p/kg and £90.97, average 106.2p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 125.0p/kg and £133.10, average 122.4p/kg.
Heavy Gilts to 106.0p/kg and £169.84, average 89.4p/kg.
Cull Sows to 40.0p/kg and £127.30, average 36.2p/kg.
More sheep forward again this week as we really get into the swing of spring lambs, healthy competition round the ring as well, with 5 or 6 butchers buying lambs this week. Ewes lesser sorts in comparison to recent weeks, this being reflected in the prices.
Standards to 216.2p/kg and £84, average 213.7p/kg.
Mediums to 236.0p/kg and £105, average 208.9p/kg.
Heavies to 232.6p/kg and £110, average 214.8p/kg.
Heavies to 172.5p/kg and £88, average 162.7p/kg.
Cull Sheep to £80, average £60.17.
Something for everyone in the cattle ring this week, mainly Aberdeen Angus of varying sorts, with older beast looking the trade of the day, selling to £820 for a 25 month old steer and £815 for a 23 month old heifer.
Aberdeen Angus Steers to £820, average £752.50.
Blonde D’Aquitaine Steers to £740, average £740.
Aberdeen Angus Heifers to £815, average £757.50.
British Blue Heifer to £550.
Hereford Bulls to £610, average £610.
Aberdeen Angus Bull to £530.
3yo Jersey House Cow with 3mo Hereford X Heifer Calf at foot to £470.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- Vendors must reverse onto the dock, pass market staff their paperwork from their vehicle and remain in their vehicle until their trailer has been emptied. They must then leave the market, no wash out facilities will be available.
- If vendors require their stock to be lotted in a certain way please mark your stock appropriately and include instructions with your paperwork. If reserves are required they must be passed to the auctioneer in writing alongside all paperwork, vendors will be contacted by phone if stock requires collecting.
- ALL buyers must follow social distancing rules and therefore must not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale. NO onlookers or vendors will be permitted to access the sale ring or penning areas.
- Buyers are required to sign a register as they enter the market, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only buyers will be allowed access to the sales office and only 1 person will be allowed in the office at any one time.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Store Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
Followed by Store Sheep
11.30am Calves & Stirks
12noon Prime, Store & Cull Cattle
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ email@example.com
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ firstname.lastname@example.org