THE CATTLE MARKET
FATSTOCK & REPLACEMENT STORE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 18 January 2021 – Fatstock & Store Market
Forward – 293 head of stock including 56 Cattle, 125 Sheep and 112 Pigs.
Pig trade in line with the industry standard at the moment, with nothing really to write home about but trade fairly steady throughout a good show of fat pigs. The supply chain has got over Covid but Brexit is spoiling the sow trade now, with processors not keen for a product that they’re struggling to get rid of, but Hull Market is as good as anywhere right now.
Cutters to 95.0p/kg and £86.21, average 90.3p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 126.0p/kg and £139.86, average 98.9p/kg.
Heavy Gilts to 70.0p/kg and £107.45, average 55.6p/kg.
Cull Sows to 24.0p/kg and £63.38, average 17.4p/kg.
Cull Boar to 40.0p/kg and £56.40.
If Brexit is adversely affecting pigs, the same absolutely cannot be said of sheep, trade flying right across the industry and Hull Market is no different. A pen of Texels from L Nettleton & Son to 274.4p/kg would have been incomprehensible 12 months ago when lambs were averaging under 200p/kg. Store lambs still riding on the back of the fat trade and some great prices seen for lambs that still needed a lot of finishing.
Mediums to 274.4p/kg and £118, average 243.0p/kg.
Heavies to 247.4p/kg and £120, average 229.2p/kg.
Over-Weights to 191.8p/kg and £113, average 191.7p/kg.
Cull Ewes to £59.
Store Lambs to £90, average £81.48.
First cattle market since 14 December and a good show after the break. Prices remained very strong throughout with buyers present for all types. Calves remain steady, with some very strong heifer stirks looking stand out at nearly £500. Another store market next week, 25th January.
British Blue Steers to £1050, average £855.
Limousin Steers to £915, average £915.
Beef Shorthorn Steers to £895, average £895.
Piemontese Steers to £895, average £895.
Beef Shorthorn Heifers to £825, average £825.
Limousin Heifers to £825, average £762.
Simmental Heifers to £700, average £680.
Blonde D’Aquitaine Heifer to £700.
Aberdeen Angus Heifer to £505.
Beef Shorthorn Bulls to £835, average £835.
Aberdeen Angus Feeding Cow to £890.
21 year old Simmental Feeding Cow to £380.
British Blue Heifers to £470, average £345.
Aberdeen Angus Heifers to £375, average £288.
British Blue Bulls to £350, average £347.
Hereford Bull to £255.
Aberdeen Angus Bulls to £245, average £243.
Montbeliarde Bull to £165.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- A drop and go system will be in place, vendors will not be permitted to enter the market.
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers in the market.
- Social distancing rules must be followed and therefore you should not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale.
- Anyone entering the market is required to sign a register, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the market office at any one time, in addition to market staff, please queue outside and wait for the office to be empty.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Store Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
Followed by Store Sheep
11.30am Calves & Stirks
12noon Prime, Store & Cull Cattle
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ firstname.lastname@example.org
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ email@example.com