THE CATTLE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 14 September 2020
Forward – 78 head of stock including 11 Sheep and 67 Pigs.
Sows still remain very strong compared to the rest of the industry, and Heavy Gilts still in high demand. No commercial pigs forward this week, with butchers still after some.
Heavy Gilts to 77.0p/kg and £179.56, average 71.8p/kg.
Cull Sows to 43.0p/kg and £126.75, average 37.4p/kg.
Very few sheep forward this week, but lambs still a good trade at around 215p/kg.
Standards to 214.7p/kg and £80.50, average 214.7p/kg.
Mediums to 217.8p/kg and £98, average 217.8p/kg.
Cull Sheep to £60, average £47.67.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers in the market.
- Social distancing rules must be followed and therefore you should not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale.
- Anyone entering the market is required to sign a register, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the market office at any one time, in addition to market staff, please queue outside and wait for the office to be empty.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ firstname.lastname@example.org
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ email@example.com