THE CATTLE MARKET
FATSTOCK AND FORTNIGHTLY STORE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 13 July 2020
Forward – 311 head of stock including 19 Cattle, 223 Sheep and 69 Pigs.
Fantastic trade for commercial pigs and heavy gilts this week, with a cracking pen of Bacon Pigs selling to 140p/kg, more are needed all the time, especially heavy gilts, please get in touch if you are interested in bringing some to market. Sows continue in much the same vein as has been seen recently with very little to shout about, hopefully the situation in Germany will improve soon.
Porkers to 111p/kg and £92.13, average 107.3p/kg.
Cutters to 130.0p/kg and £114.83, average 115.2p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 140.0p/kg and £143.82, average 132.3p/kg.
Heavy Gilts to 93.0p/kg and £174.24, average 86.7p/kg.
Cull Sows to 27.0p/kg and £79.00, average 24.8p/kg.
We seem to be to the back of the Hoggs now, having not seen any this week among a brilliant show of Spring Lambs, with prices holding up throughout despite the high numbers, only a couple of Lincoln Longwools dropping below 200p/kg. Ewes starting to improve again as we approach Eid in a couple of weeks.
Light Lambs to 228.8p/kg and £67.50, average 228.8p/kg.
Standards to 235.5p/kg and £89.50, average 215.9p/kg.
Mediums to 243.2p/kg and £107, average 222.2p/kg.
Heavies to 217.7p/kg and £104.50, average 212.1p/kg.
Over-Weight Leicester Longwools to 178.7p/kg and £96.50.
Cull Ewes to £85.50, average £64.17.
Smaller show of Store Cattle this week, but a decent trade for what was here. Decent show of very uniform Blue & Angus Calves, with demand throughout not wavering despite the lack of diversity.
British Friesian Heifer to £655.
Hereford Young Bull to £630.
Limousin Heifer to £610.
Aberdeen Angus Steer to £590.
British Blue Bulls to £450, average £377.50.
Aberdeen Angus Bulls to £355, average £330.
British Blue Heifers to £350, average £338
Aberdeen Angus Heifers to £350, average £335.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- Vendors must reverse onto the dock, pass market staff their paperwork from their vehicle and remain in their vehicle until their trailer has been emptied. They must then leave the market, no wash out facilities will be available.
- If vendors require their stock to be lotted in a certain way please mark your stock appropriately and include instructions with your paperwork. If reserves are required they must be passed to the auctioneer in writing alongside all paperwork, vendors will be contacted by phone if stock requires collecting.
- ALL buyers must follow social distancing rules and therefore must not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale. NO onlookers or vendors will be permitted to access the sale ring or penning areas.
- Buyers are required to sign a register as they enter the market, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only buyers will be allowed access to the sales office and only 1 person will be allowed in the office at any one time.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Store Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
Followed by Store Sheep
11.30am Calves & Stirks
12noon Prime, Store & Cull Cattle
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ email@example.com
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ firstname.lastname@example.org