THE CATTLE MARKET
FATSTOCK AND FORTNIGHTLY STORE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 24 August 2020
Forward – 468 head of stock including 8 Calves, 368 Sheep and 92 Pigs.
Pigs seem to have eased across the board in recent weeks, as has been seen throughout the industry. Although Heavy Gilts are still in high demand and sows are still comfortably ahead of the rest of the country, both Live and Deadweight.
Porkers to 96p/kg and £78.49, average 94.5p/kg.
Cutters to 124p/kg and £118.42, average 117.7p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 104p/kg and £108.78, average 100.2p/kg.
Heavy Gilts to 94.0p/kg and £139.75, average 81.8p/kg.
Cull Sows to 58.0p/kg and £139.05, average 40.8p/kg.
Cull Boars to 34.5p/kg and £128.69, average 33.5p/kg.
Special Breeding Sheep and Store Lamb sale this week, with a very good show forward. 100% clearance on breeding sheep once again, as was seen at the early sale. Store lambs are still a very strong trade and spring lambs still holding up just over 200p, which is remarkably good for the time of year.
Standards to 214.3p/kg and £78.50, average 203.3p/kg.
Mediums to 231.7p/kg and £95, average 200.3p/kg.
Heavies to 206.0p/kg and £103, average 197.9p/kg.
SQQ Average 200.5p/kg, Overall Average 200.1p/kg.
Cull Ewes to £88, average £64.42.
Store Lambs to £83.50, average £65.56.
3 Year Old Texel Ram to £170.
Suffolk X Scotch Half Bred Gimmers to £182, average £179.
Texel X Gimmers to £172, average £165.37.
Pure Texel Gimmers to £170, average £170.
Mule Gimmers to £125, average £120.
No store cattle forward this week, but given the nice day and bad forecast this wasn’t a big surprise as everyone not buying sheep was making on combining. Calves continue reasonably for strong stirks.
British Blue Bull to £360.
Limousin Bull to £345.
British Blue Heifers to £345, average £342.50.
Aberdeen Angus Bull to £315.
Aberdeen Angus Heifers to £310, average £293.33.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers in the market.
- Social distancing rules must be followed and therefore you should not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale.
- Anyone entering the market is required to sign a register, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the market office at any one time, in addition to market staff, please queue outside and wait for the office to be empty.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Store Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
Followed by Store Sheep
11.30am Calves & Stirks
12noon Prime, Store & Cull Cattle
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ email@example.com
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ firstname.lastname@example.org