THE CATTLE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 19 April 2021 – Fatstock & Store Market
Forward – 120 head of stock including 55 Sheep and 65 Pigs.
Commercial pigs were a good trade, holding up throughout, to average over 105p/kg. Sows back slightly, but still strong compared to recent times.
Porkers to 91.0p/kg and £74.62, average 91.0p/kg.
Cutters to 113.0p/kg and £105.54, average 108.4p/kg.
Bacon Pigs to 112.0p/kg and £119.90, average 109.7p/kg.
Heavy Gilts to 81.0p/kg and £133.76, average 79.2p/kg.
Cull Sows to 50.5p/kg and £158.57, average 45.3p/kg.
Cull Boar to 33.5p/kg and £75.04.
Hoggs continue to go from strength to strength, with mainly stronger sorts in this week, but still averaging 289.6p/kg all in and more than a third 300p/kg plus. Cull ewes continue in a rich vein, with more wanted in the next few weeks in the run up to Eid.
Heavies to 310.6p/kg and £150, average 292.6p/kg.
Over-Weights to 267.3p/kg and £151, average 267.3p/kg.
Cull Ewes to £110, average £98.42.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- A drop and go system will be in place, vendors will not be permitted to enter the market.
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers in the market.
- Social distancing rules must be followed and therefore you should not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale.
- Anyone entering the market is required to sign a register, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the market office at any one time, in addition to market staff, please queue outside and wait for the office to be empty.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ email@example.com
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ firstname.lastname@example.org