THE CATTLE MARKET
Hull Livestock Market – 17 May 2021 – Fatstock Market
Forward – 135 head of stock including 76 Sheep and 59 Pigs.
More commercial pigs are needed in Hull, very few forward this week but a strong demand lead to fantastic prices, pigs are needed all the time so please do speak to us if you are thinking of selling some. Sows remaining fairly static at the moment, at as good a trade as you will find anywhere.
Cutters to 142.0p/kg and £132.34, average 135.9p/kg.
Heavy Gilt to 60.0p/kg and £98.40.
Cull Sows to 41.0p/kg and £136.12, average 38.1p/kg.
Cull Boar to 30.0p/kg and £77.40.
Smaller show of sheep this week, spring lambs are needed every week now to meet wholesale buyers’ needs. Good trade for what was forward, hoggs have dropped slightly now that Eid has passed but are still a very good price for the time of year.
Mediums to 338.6p/kg and £149, average 303.4p/kg.
Heavy to 289.6p/kg and £139.
Over-Weight to 248.4p/kg and £159.
Standard to 242.4p/kg and £80.
Heavies to 245.8p/kg and £118, average 245.8p/kg.
Over-Weights to 236.7p/kg and £140, average 221.6p/kg.
Clean Sheep to 201.0p/kg and £108, average 174.8p/kg.
Cull Ewes to £120, average £79.19.
Monday’s Market will be going ahead as normal under the following restrictions as advised by the Government and Livestock Auctioneers’ Association:
- A drop and go system will be in place, vendors will not be permitted to enter the market.
- Face coverings must be worn by all customers in the market.
- Social distancing rules must be followed and therefore you should not stand within 2 meters of anyone else, including when stood round the ring and at pens during the sale.
- Anyone entering the market is required to sign a register, providing their name, address and phone number.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the market office at any one time, in addition to market staff, please queue outside and wait for the office to be empty.
- Please do not attend the market if you are in an at-risk group or have shown any signs of being unwell, for your own safety and that of others.
10.30am Fat Pigs
Followed by Cull Pigs
Followed by Fat Lambs
Followed by Cull Sheep
For more information:
Ralph Ward - 07980 864909
Philip Mortimer - 07968 614948/ firstname.lastname@example.org
James Buckton - 07539 867249/ email@example.com